The 47 Rōnin in Debt
In that era, a feudal domain was like a business company. Actually, first Kuranosuke tries not to do the revenge and keep the feudal domain = company alive. However, things don't go as he planned, and he finds out that he cannot keep the "company" alive. Besides people in Edo expects them to get revenge for Kira. Finally, Kuranosuke decides to go for the revenge, but then, he realises they don't have enough money left to prepare for the revenge...
The truth of the loyal samurai story is revealed with a hilarious comedy!?
Director: Yoshihiro NAKAMURA
Cast: Shinichi TSUTSUMI, Takashi OKAMURA, Gaku HAMADA, Yu YOKOYAMA, Satoshi TSUMABUKI
Japanese Theatrical Release: November 22, 2019
- Tokyo International Film Festival (2019)
- Japanese Film Festival China (2019)
- Toronto Japanese Film Festival (2020)
- Online Japanese Film Festival (Guam) (2020-2021)
- Asiatiska Film Festival (2021)